Friday, September 7, 2012

Our first note home!

I am so excited to have the first week under our belts. It has been an adjustment for both the students and myself. The first week is usually the hardest because we are getting used to school, new teacher/students, etc. I know that this year is going to be a great year. All that being said, there are a few things you need to be made aware of:

COLD!!! – Despite the warm temperatures outside, it is very cold in our classroom. Please make sure that if your student is cold they bring a uniform sweater. Sweaters should NOT have zippers or hoods.

Pencil boxes / bags – Our desks are becoming more cluttered as we move through the school year. To help eliminate this problem, please make sure that your child has a pencil box or bag to hold their things in.

MAP testing – MAP testing begins next week. We will be taking the test Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 1:30 to 2:30. These test are important as they drive my instruction of each individual student. Please explain to your child the importance of the assessment. The MEAP test, the state of Michigan’s test, will begin in October.

Snack – healthy snacks are a good way to keep your child’s energy up. Please make sure you pack a snack for your child.

Peanut Free – we are a peanut free classroom. Please make sure that the items you pack in your child’s lunch and snack do not contain peanut products.

AMPT – We do NOT have gym for the first 6 weeks of school. Our AMPT schedule is as follows:
M – Art
T – Technology
W – Music
Th – Art
Fr – Technology

Blog – Please visit our blog often to get caught up on the happenings of our class. Once there, you may subscribe to the blog. By subscribing to the blog, you will be updated, via email, when the blog is updated. Just make sure you confirm the email that is sent to your in box. The address is: mrslwmartin.blogspot.com

Back to School Night – Back to School Night will be held on Wednesday, September 19th. Look for more information to come about this great event. Please feel free to contact me. You can reach me by phone at: 313-874-9800 ext. 2303 or you can email me at lmartin@uprep.com. Emailing me is the best method of contacting me. I check my email often throughout the day and usually don’t check my voicemail until the end of the day. I will do my best to return your call or email as quickly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment